Saturday 24 March 2012

Year 2 Dragons

Every term we have a planning week which leaves me teaching 5 classes of year 1s and 2s for 1 hour.  This term I decided to do origami boats with the year 1s and dragons with the year 2s. We need some arty decorations for Asian week next term.

First, students drew on the back of the contact paper with pencil and when they were happy with their design they turned their paper around and traced over their lines with black texta. Students then carefully coloured their dragons using permanent marker. Normally I would have the kids place their dragons onto foil but because of  time restrictions and having art in their classrooms, I did it myself.

For the mural I cut out construction paper and added soft pastel.








The dragons are outside of the office if you want to come see!

No comments:

Post a Comment